“I was convinced that the only thing I wanted to do ever – was write novels.”
Happy Birthday to the woman who introduced us to the wizarding world of Harry Potter and taught us that, “Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” J.K. Rowling also offers today’s Daily Dose theme by pairing some of her beloved movies with food, drink and activity that are sure to keep your friends and family busy throughout the night. Here is your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce and inspired by J.K. Rowling.
1. Tarantallegra. Pronounced Ta-ran-ta-leauge-a, this is a spell forcing an opponent to dance. Since we will not actually be battling anyone today we offer the chance to put your dancing shoes on and head to the Buckhorn Bar where you can select your favorite tune and tap your toes to the beat. You can also stop by the Chamber to pick you your ticket to the Snowy Range Music Festival. There will be plenty of space to dance during the 3 day festival taking place over Labor Day weekend.
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda
3. Quidditch Player’s Pie. For dinner you can make this great twist on Shepard’s Pie. All you need is ground beef, onion soup, peas, carrots, potatoes and cheese. Sounds like this can all be picked up at Safeway as well. Click, here for the recipe.
- There are still spots available in the 8th Annual Chamber Golf Classic happening this Friday, August 3rd. Call the LACC today to secure your teams spot.
- The UW Grab Bag Student Welcome program is now accepting participants. Click on the link below to learn more about how you can become a part of the promotion or call the Chamber office for more information, 307-745-7339.