If you are in Texas cheering on the Wyoming Cowboys as they battle the Longhorns, we hope that you are cheering loud enough for all of us and above all, being safe. Enjoy your weekend and if you are attending the Festival today, enjoy Macy Gray, Bobby Rush and many more. Here is your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
1. Cowgirl Volleyball – UniWyo Federal Credit Union Cowgirl Classic. Held at the UniWyo Sports Complex today. The UW Cowgirls will go up against Florida Gulf Coast at 1:30 PM and UMKC at 7:00 PM.
2. Coconut Pancakes. Wake up your friends, family or just yourself with this delicious breakfast. Run to the store and grab the missing ingredient. Safeway should have all that you need. Then get to cookin’. Here is what you need to do:
About 5 pancakes
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine coconut cream and milk with vinegar and set aside.
- Mix together the liquids (egg, butter, and soured milk mixture).
- Then slowly whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt until most lumps are gone.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto an oiled/buttered pan.
- Cook both sides until they are brown.