Hi, I am really enjoying learning about all of the fun things there are to do in Laramie, and I hope you are too. If you’re looking for something to do this December Sunday, you’ve come to the right place. Here is your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend the Holiday Home Tour. See beautiful holiday decorated homes throughout Laramie, and support the University of Wyoming Women’s Club. The Event is $10.00 in advance or $12.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at Turtle Rock Coffee and Ace Hardware.
- Start scrapbooking your holiday photos now and stay ahead of the game, all of the scrapbooking supplies you need are available at Scraptree, LLC Scrapbooking, located at 1305 S. 3rd St. Laramie, WY 82070
- Gift idea of the day: Help yourself or someone special on your list get all set up for the Holidays with decorations, and ornaments from The Curiosity Shoppe, located at 206 South Second Street.
- Holiday Recipe of the day: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Source: Betty Crocker Recipes
All of these ingredients are available at Safeway, 554 North 3rd Street
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
- Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.