Hi everyone, today’s blog was inspired by some of my favorite things: ballet, Monopoly, shoes, and holiday baking! Hope you enjoy today’s Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- From the Ashes: A Cinderella Ballet could be the perfect way for you to enjoy this winter Tuesday evening. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. on the Fine Arts Main Stage. Cost is: $14 general, $11 seniors, $7 students. Have plans? Call and reserve tickets for a performance 12/5-12/9! ( Make sure it doesn’t sell out)
- Need a more low key activity for the evening? Check out the board game selection at Walmart and play with your friends or family. Monopoly anyone?
- Gift Idea of the Day: You can never have too many shoes right? Get the latest shoe styles from Dodds Shoe Company, 401 S. 2nd St.
- Recipe of the Day: Cranberry Ginger White Chocolate Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting (Source: Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice Blog)
Get these ingredients at Safeway!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for pan
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour a standard loaf pan. On a baking sheet with side spread the oats out and toast about 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and then pulse them in a food processor until finely ground. Add the oats to a large mixing bowl along with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir together.
- In a separate bowl whisk sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla together until just combined. In the center of the dry ingredients make a well and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix by hand until just combined. Stir in cranberries, ginger and chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center. If the bread is browning too quickly place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over top. Remove pan to wire rack to cool 15 minutes then turn out and continue cooling on wire rack before frosting.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together the butter and cream cheese. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Continue beating on low speed 3-4 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Frost cake and sprinkle a handful of chopped dried cranberries over top if desired. Store cake in refrigerator.