TGIF! I am excited it’s Friday, are you? Make the most of your weekend by checking our blog all weekend long to make sure your updated on the current happenings of Laramie. I hope you enjoy your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Do you still need to put together you Christmas cards? Have your family photos taken by: bhpimaging-(307) 272-9903, Ludwig Photography– 224 Ivinson St. (307) 745-7388, or Honey Bee Photography, LLC- 117 E. Grand Ave. 1-616-634-7911
- If you haven’t seen From the Ashes: A Cinderella Ballet make sure you don’t miss it. The show starts tonight at 7:30 p.m. on the Fine Arts Main Stage. Cost is: $14 general, $11 seniors, $7 students. Have plans? Call and reserve tickets for a performance another night, 12/8-12/9! ( Make sure it doesn’t sell out)
- If you looking for a fun night out on the town, check out the Library Sports Grille and Brewery, 1622 E. Grand Ave., and the Buckhorn, 114 E. Ivinson St. Make sure you ask about their Friday drink specials.
- Gift Idea of the Day: Since everyone in Laramie needs a good pair of cowboy boots, I’ll bet there is someone on your list that could use some. Find a great selection of boots and other western wear at the Boot Barn, located at 158 N. 3rd St.
- Recipe of the Day: Santa Hat Brownies, source: Daisy’s World
- Yields 12-16 brownies, Get these ingredients at Safeway!
- 1 pan of your favorite brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter)
- 12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)
- Mascarpone Buttercream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and salt. Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth. Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- To assemble, pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie. Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place. Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.