I hope you are enjoying your Saturday! Thanks for checking out the Daily Dose today. There are lots of fun things to do in Laramie today, I can’t wait to go to the Laramie Plains Museum Holiday Open house, hope to see you there! Today is also the 2nd drawing of the Hometown Holiday Hurrah Shop local program. Stop by the corner of 2nd and Ivinson or go to a participating business at 2:00 PM, there will be 3 drawings each for $1000 in Jingle Bucks. Here is your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Visit the Laramie Plains Museum’s Holiday Open House going on from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. today. The Ivinson Mansion is beautifully decorated by Laramie’s florists & individuals. Free to the public, there are holiday performances, treats and sales. Don’t miss it!
- If you haven’t seen From the Ashes: A Cinderella Ballet make sure you don’t miss it. The show starts tonight at 7:30 p.m. on the Fine Arts Main Stage. Cost is: $14 general, $11 seniors, $7 students. Have plans? Call and reserve tickets for the final performance tomorrow night. ( Make sure it doesn’t sell out)
- Don’t miss the Gala Holiday Concert tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Fine Arts Concert Hall. Tickets are $10 for the general public, $7 for seniors, $6 for students, plus a $0.50/ticket fee.
- Go watch the University of Wyoming Cowboy Basketball team take on Oklahoma Panhandle State . tip off is at 2:00 PM
- Gift Idea of the Day: One thing that makes my day better is a comfy office chair! Improve someone on your list’s day at the office. Source Office Products has lots of great office furniture for you to check out, located at 401 Fremont St.
- Recipe of the Day: I think it’s time to start collecting recipes for Christmas cookie exchanges! From today until Christmas, The Daily Dose will have a cookie recipe of the day for you. All of these ingredients are available at Safeway, 554 North 3rd Street
Reindeer Cookies: Source: Peanut butter cookie recipe from Jif.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Mini brown M&Ms
- Regular-sized red M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. To make reindeer-shaped cookies, pinch the bottom of the ball slightly to form a point, then gently flatten with your hand. Space cookies about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until set or just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately (and gently) press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antlers. Press two mini brown M&Ms in for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose (or any other color… some of mine ended up with green noses. They might be South Pole reindeer.).
- Allow to cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
- Makes about 40 reindeer cookies.