Good news, we are over the hump of the week and halfway to Christmas! Keep checking back with us for great activity, gift, and cookie ideas and recipes. I hope you enjoy you Daily Dose, with lots of great ideas for fun things to do in Laramie, brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Get out and enjoy this Wednesday evening by going to Open Mic Night at the Century Bar from 8:00-11:00 p.m., located at 2758 Highway 130.
- Holiday Gift Idea of the Day: If you are looking to get your family the gift of fun together and great memories, think about getting snow mobiles. TNT Motor Sports, located at 269 N. 3rd St., sells new and used snow mobiles.
- Holiday Cookie Recipe of the Day: Candy Cane Blossoms Source: Hershey’s
Find these ingredients at Albertsons!
- 1 bag Hershey;s Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and Green colored sugar
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields approximately 35 cookies.