I don’t know about you but I am looking forward to a nice relaxing Sunday before another busy week. Here are some great ideas of how to relax in style today. Hope you enjoy your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Go to Coal Creek Coffee Co., located at 110 E. Grand Ave., and settle in with a delicious beverage and a great book.
- Go pick up a movie from Walmart(look for another member with movies), and watch it while you get a jump start on wrapping all those presents!
- Holiday gift idea of the day: Stop by D&L Music, located at 114 E. Grand Ave., and get an instrument or music accessory for the budding musician in your life.
- Holiday cookie idea of the day: Apple Cider Caramel Cookies, Source: Six Sisters Stuff
Find these ingredients at Walmart!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, nearly melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7.4 ounce) box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix *Not sugar free*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft Caramels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. It has to be parchment this time.
- 2. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, salt, and all 10 packets of apple cider mix until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then mix in the baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- 3. With a standard (size 50) cookie scoop, scoop the dough scrapping off the excess as you go up the bowl. Flatten the dough slightly in your hand and place a caramel in the center. Work the dough around the caramel sealing well. Place the cookies two inches apart on the sheets.
- 4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. After baking, carefully slide the parchment with the cookies onto the counter. Let cool until they are no longer soft but still slightly warm. Twist gently to remove, and cool the rest of the way upside down on the parchment or on a cooling rack.