Happy Monday everyone! With Christmas fast approaching here are some ways to make sure you are ready. Hope you enjoy your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Make sure you holiday dress clothes are clean and pressed. Take them to Holland Cleaners, located at 502 E. Grand Ave.
- We all want to look our best in the holiday pictures that will be kept for years to come. Go treat yourself to a spa day at Absolute Acrylic located at 5105 Morgan Dr.
- Holiday gift idea of the day: Get those newly licensed drivers, or poor college students in your life a gas gift card from Gateway Fuels and Liquors located at 2471 Jackson St. (make sure they do gift cards)
- Holiday cookie idea of the day: Caramel Brownie Crinkle Cookies, Source: Six Sister’s Stuff
Find these ingredients at Safeway!
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (9X13 inch pan size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- About 24 caramels, cut in half
- Powdered Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. Place powdered sugar into a separate bowl. Scoop up a tablespoonful of dough (you can use a cookie scoop if you want, but it will still work if you don’t have one) and push a piece of caramel in the middle. Roll the dough around the caramel so it is completely covered. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the powdered sugar and gently roll, shaping into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Yields: about 4 dozen cookies
- *We found that after these cookies cool down, the caramel in the middle hardens. We popped them in the microwave for a couple of seconds before eating them and the caramel melted right up! They are so good warm!