Only 5 days until Christmas, and the timing is perfect; we get a weekend right before the holidays. Make sure you are getting all your holiday shopping and baking done. Hope you enjoy today’s Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- If you are the one hosting Christmas this year, and don’t feel like doing the work of deep cleaning your house call The Cleaning Crew, and make an appointment to have them come clean your house for you. Located at: 954 N. McCue St. #141 phone: 303-981-0124.
- Make garland for you Christmas tree out of popcorn and cranberries!
- Holiday gift idea of the day: Get someone on your list flowers or other gifts from Connor Flower Shop, located at 217 S. 3rd St.
- Holiday cookie idea of the day: Soft Brown Sugar Cookies, Source: Susie QT Pies Scraps of Life
Find these ingredients as Albertsons!
- 2/3 c. butter, softened
- 1-1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- Blend together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; blend well. Add vanilla; beat until light. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool. Frost with Browned Butter Frosting. Makes 2 dozen
- Browned Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. Milk
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns golden. Watch carefully as this will happen quickly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make a spreading consistency.