Merry Christmas Eve! It’s the last day to get when you need to make your Christmas feast, and get your Christmas shopping done.
- If you haven’t wrapped all those presents already, now is the time. Get wrapping paper at Walmart.
- Holiday gift idea of the day: Kill two birds with one stone, get your holiday baked goods, and get the remainder of you Christmas presents at Bella Home Boutique and Bakery located at 304 S. 2nd St.
- Holiday cookie idea of the day: Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies, Source: My Litter
Find these ingredients at Walmart.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12.5 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins coupon HERE
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla Glaze (recipe follows)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Raisinets and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on bakingsheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.
- FOR VANILLA GLAZE:
- COMBINE 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well.