Happy New Year’s Eve! It’s time to celebrate, and bring in the New Year in style. Whether you like to stay in and celebrate with your family with good food, or go out and enjoy the city we have everything you need for a great day! Hope you enjoy your Daily Dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Get everything you need to make a great evening meal at Safeway, (located at 554 North 3rd Street. Here is a recipe for an extra special dinner: Baked Lobster Tails Recipe, Source: Taste of Home
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional melted butter, optional
- Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- Pour water into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place lobster tails in dish. Combine the parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over lobster. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is firm and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
- If you would rather go out for dinner check out the The Cavalryman Restaurant, located at 4425 South 3rd St. for a fancy steak dinner.
- Go to Altitude Chophouse and Brewery for Champagne at midnight, located at 320 S. 2nd St.
- Go to the Buckhorn Bar, located at, 114 E. Ivinson St., the Crowbar and Grill, Crowbar & Grill, located at, 202 S. 2nd St., and the Library Sports Grille and Brewery, located at, 1622 E. Grand Ave, to see what specials they have for New Years Eve!