How exciting is it to know that it is Friday and the weekend has finally arrived?! Do you have any great plans? Well here is a suggestion; start by listening to this great song and pump up your morning with a little jam session at your desk.
Alright, now that we have woken you up a bit, start planning your day by enjoying this daily dose brought to you by the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce and remember that we are offering new ideas every day so make sure you come back and see what we have in store for you tomorrow.
1. Laramie Woman’s Club Meeting. Today from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM in the Alice Hardie Stevens Center, 603 Ivinson the Laramie Women’s Club will be meeting. If you are interested in attending this meeting or have any questions please contact Linda Hidalgo (307)-760-7260. Lunch is $5, or bring your own dish.
2. Swing for Life. Friday Night Fever is partnering with Jazz Advocates of Wyoming, the Swing Dance Club, and ASUW to bring a Swing for Life event tonight from 6 PM – 10 PM in the Union Ballroom.
There will be swing dancing lessons provided by the Swing Club and live ‘20s style swing music provided by the University of Wyoming Jazz ensembles. Free food will also be available at the event. The Jazz Advocates of Wyoming and the Swing Dance Club plan to give any optional donations collected at the event to I Love Life and The American Cancer Research Fund organizations.
Additionally Friday Night Fever will be showing The Perks of Being a Wallflower, starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson, in the Union Family Room at 6:30 p.m., 9 p.m., and 11:30 p.m.
“The overarching idea behind Swing for Life is to bring people together for a common charitable cause,” said Max Harrington of Jazz Advocates of Wyoming.
Swing for Life is open to the whole community, targeting students of all ages, families in the community, and faculty at the schools.
For more information on the Friday Night Fever events please visit www.uwyo.edu/cac.
This event is sponsored by Friday Night Fever, Jazz Advocates of Wyoming, the Swing Dance Club, and ASUW. Individuals needing assistance to attend this event should contact the Campus Activities Center at (307) 766-6340.
3. Buy Cowboy Tickets. The Cowboys tip off against San Diego State tomorrow and with the lower bowl of the AA almost sold out, today is the time to secure your seat int he Dome of Doom. The Cowboys are having a powerhouse season so there is no reason to miss this game! To buy tickets or learn more about the Wyoming Cowboys click, here.
4. BBQ Chicken Pizza Pinwheels. Tonight get cookin’ with these fun to make pinwheels filled with your favorite toppings. Our suggestion is BBQ Chicken, however, you can make these anyway you want. Click, here, for instructions and shopping lists. Stop into Albertsons for last minute ingredients and enjoy!
BB Chicken Pizza Pinwheels
5. DESSERT. It is always said that dessert is spelled with two “s” because you always want a second helping. Why not make a dessert that you can possibly have 3 helpings? We suggest Fruit Salsa. Click, here for the recipe.